COVID-19 has had an unprecedented impact on all of us, but in order to protect our most vulnerable populations, the City of Glendale is taking action. The following is a list of services the City of Glendale and business establishments in the community will be providing to seniors and those at higher risk for serious illness from COVID-19:
- Effective immediately, the Glendale Fire Department will be providing delivery services of groceries and essential goods for Glendale seniors and individuals that are at higher risk of getting very ill from COVID-19. The department will provide this service at least through the end of March. Those in need can call 818-548-4814 to request service.
- The City’s Economic Development Division has developed a list of local grocery stores who are providing special services for seniors:
- Trader Joe’s will bring seniors up to the front of the line. They will also be putting items aside for seniors and assisting them with their shopping. This includes both the Montrose and Glenoaks location.
- Whole Foods Market will be adjusting their store hours to the general public, which will take effect tomorrow as follows:
- Ralphs will bring seniors up to the front of the line to enter the store.
- Target will have store hours specifically for seniors every Wednesday, from 8:00am to 9:00am.
- In addition, although senior center facilities are closed, the City of Glendale Community Services and Parks Department developed a contingency plan to continue feeding seniors in our community who are a part of the Elderly Nutrition Program.
- Meal Distribution Plan for the Congregate Meals programs:
- Lunch Pick Up times are from 11:30am-12:30pm
- Adult Recreation Center – 201 East Colorado, Glendale, CA 91205
- Will distribute congregate meals at two adjacent locations:
- Louise Street entrance for seniors with last names A-L.
- Main Lobby entrance near the Glendale Central Library for seniors with last names M-Z.
- Meals will be distributed 7 days per week at this site.
- Sparr Heights Community Center – 1613 Glencoe Way, Glendale, CA 91208
- Paloma Ave entrance (all seniors; one pick up zone)
- Meals will be distributed Monday through Friday.
- Pacific Community Center – 501 South Pacific Ave., Glendale, CA 91204
- Pick up at the main entrance of the lobby (all seniors; one pick up zone)
- Meals will be distributed Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
- Dial-A-Ride seniors who attend ENP can remain in their Dial-A-Ride transport bus and City staff will hand them their meals.
The City of Glendale cares about keeping all members of the community safe and healthy – these steps will help ensure that our seniors and at-risk population get wholesome meals and essential items, safeguarding their health during this time of need.
If you are a local business providing special assistance to seniors and those at higher risk for serious illness from COVID-19, please contact us at 818-548-4844. We will share this information on our platforms.
For more information about the coronavirus response, please visit: https://www.glendaleca.gov/