Glendale Tech Week Announces Pitchfest Finalists
For Immediate Release
September 12, 2018
Jennifer Hiramoto, Principal Economic Development Officer
Glendale Tech Week Pitchfest Finalists Announced
Glendale, CA – Eleven finalists have been announced to participate in the Pitchfest, Glendale Tech Week’s popular Shark Tank-style event. The start-ups, which were selected from a pool of nearly 50 applicants, will present their ideas and products in front of a live audience and a panel of judges made up of entrepreneurs, attorneys, angel investors, and Venture Capital (VC) funders on Thursday, September 20 from 2 pm to 5 pm at CBRE, 234 S. Brand Blvd. Participants will compete for a $60,000 prize package.
The $60,000 prize package is comprised of a suite of essential professional services for young startups, including:
- Access to leadership expertise, strategic guidance, and assistance with valuation provided by partners at Black Diamond Ventures valued at $5,000
- $5,000 in legal services from Bruno Group, Inc.
- $2,500 in accounting and business plan services provided by The Accountancy
- $6,500 in marketing services including video production, graphic design & printing provided by the City of Glendale
- Investment structuring services and negotiations from Oceanview Capital Partners valued at $5,000
- Logo development services by Kilter Media valued at $20,000
- Various options for bookkeeping and accounting, tax planning, and business plan services
- A guest spot in two local podcasts, including Glendale Tech on Tap and Millennial Fam
- VR-enhanced marketing services by Rodin + Knoxlabs
- A congratulatory ad in the LA Timespaid for by the City of Glendale
Participating founders and the industries they are disrupting include:
- Craig Lyn, Muvn (Moving)
- Tavio Hobson, Trufl (Restaurant / Hospitality)
- Khalid Robinson, OctoberMoon Media (Event Management)
- Kevin Newman, AllKnightr (Gaming)
- Molly Beck, Messy.fm (Podcast Publishing)
- Jeremy Wall, Lumenus (Wearable Technology)
- Robert Gellibolian, CellectGen (Preventive Dentistry)
- Kari Wu, ARescue (Augmented Reality)
- Steve Koszis, DoorJamm (Public Safety)
- Quan Gan, ZTag (Gaming )
- Charlotte Culina, The Urban Helper (Gig Economy)
“Pitchfest offers participating startups a great opportunity to showcase their business ideas to investors and audiences, and teaches future entrepreneurs what it takes to prepare an impactful pitch deck and ask for funding,” said Pitchfest Committee Co-Chair Ara Aslanian, Co-Founder and President of Glendale-based Inverselogic.
Other members of the Pitchfest Committee include Co-Chair Ana Quintana of Black Diamond Ventures, Armen Vartanian of Oceanview Capital Partners, Inc., Ani Torosyan of DishDivvy, Alex Bruno of Bruno Group Inc., Jessica First of Kilter, and Zachary Levine of Wolk & Levine, LLC.
Pitchfest is one of many events lined up for the City of Glendale’s Third Annual Glendale Tech Week, an effort initiated by the Glendale City Council as a way to diversify the local office market and support the ecosystem of innovation in Glendale. See the full calendar of events at www.glendaletechweek.com.
This is a ticketed event. Purchase your pre-sale ticket here.
A special thank you to Glendale Tech Week’s Platinum sponsors Dot818, Phonexa, Downtown Glendale Association, and Glendale Arts, as well as Gold Sponsors LANAIR Group LLC., GWP, Professional Development Center, Avery Dennison, ServiceTitan, Adventist Health, and Applied Earth Sciences.
Glendale, known as the “Jewel City,” is one of the largest cities in Los Angeles County. With a population of over 200,000, Glendale is a thriving cosmopolitan city that is rich in history, culturally diverse, and offers limitless opportunities. It is the home to a vibrant business community, with major companies in healthcare, technology, entertainment, manufacturing, retail, and banking.