Download / print our Family Events. Note: Drop-in programs for children can be found on the online events calendar.
- Meeting Rooms - Reservations & Policies Read More>
- Download a library card application here.
- Check Us Out! View GTV6 videos about Library, Arts & Culture programs and events!
- See our Holiday Schedule.
- To see all City of Glendale, CA, events, please click here.
BRAND LIBRARY - Art + Mindfulness: A Day About Making and Preserving Beautiful Things
- Date: 06/09/2019 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Sunday | June 9, 2019 | 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Art + Mindfulness: A Day About Making and Preserving Beautiful Things
“Sway” Artist Tour & Talk
11:00 AM -12:00 PM
Join the curator and the artists featured in “Sway” for an up-close and personal tour of the exhibition, followed by an intimate conversation with the artists. Featured artists include:
Debbie Carlson • Chenhung Chen • Gina Herrera • Echo Lew • Snezana Saraswaiti Petrovic • Linda Sue Price • A.M.Rousseau
Conscious Consumer Pop-Up
12:00 PM -3:00 PM
Learn practical and easy ways you can help reduce your foot print directly from local environmental organizations, eco-friendly small businesses and our own city services. From seed, plant and herb giveaways to art workshops using re-purposed materials, the afternoon will be filled with exciting demonstrations focused on offering information and education to the public to decrease waste and increase sustainability.
3:00 PM -4:00 PM
Our event culminates with a panel discussion about the intersection of Art, Energy and Policy, moderated by local environmental activist and founder of Valley Green Alliance, Miles Lewis.
• Jessica Aldrige - Zero waste expert and Co-host of Eco Radio
• Finan Makepeace - Co-Founder of Kiss The Ground
• Katya English - Energy specialist with The Sierra Club