Distracted driving in the news
- 4/4/14 Glendale PD pays close attention to unfocused drivers
- 4/1/14 Glendale PD to crack down on distracted driving
- 3/19/14 Stats point to Glendale's most dangerous intersections
- 1/27/14 Pedestrian struck by vehicle at Western, Glenoaks
- 12/31/13 Glendale pedestrian struck and killed at marked crosswalk
- 10/3/13 Van strikes, critically injures 75-year-old woman
- 9/21/13 Elderly pedestrian struck, killed in Glendale
- 5/29/13 Glendale Police cite alleged distracted drivers
- 5/23/13 Cell phone crackdown for distracted drivers scheduled in Glendale
- 3/29/13 Glendale police to crack down on distracted drivers in April
- Texting While Walking: How Distracted Pedestrians are Hurting Themselves
- Distracted Driving: California Gets $1.5 Million to Keep Eyes on Road..."Phone in One Hand, Ticket in the Other"
- Despite State Law, Some Drivers Doubled Cell Phone Use
- California OTS Distracted Driving PSA (YouTube)
- Mobile Phones and Driving: Know the Laws and the Hazards
- California Office of Traffic Safety - Distracted Driving PSA (YouTube)
- Students warned about distracted driving
- Woman hit by truck is taken off life support
- A safe start to the school year
- Pedestrians take steps toward safety
- Plan clears path for cyclists and pedestrians
- Police crack down on drivers who refuse to stop for pedestrians
- Amid car vs. pedestrian crashes police stress safety
- Judge orders driver to pay crash victim's bills
- Cyclist accused of DUI after crash
- City gets another poor pedestrian safety score
- Police release traffic numbers
- Traffic safety campaign keeps spreading
- Safety is worth a 'Look'
Mythbusters Find Out Which is More Dangerous: Distracted Driving vs. Drunk Driving
The Mythbusters tackle the issue of distracted driving, and the results just might surprise you. Have a look at the three part series to get a greater appreciation for the dangers of distracted driving.
- Drunk vs Distracted Driving - Part 1
- Drunk vs Distracted Driving - Part 2
- Drunk vs Distracted Driving - Part 3
Graphic Video Warning Against Texting and Driving
The United Kingdom released a graphic video regarding the dangers of texting while driving, with a strong focus towards teenagers.
Texting While Driving Documentary
Excellent documentary produced by AT&T, who is partnering with the City of Glendale, regarding distracted driving.