Library, Arts & Culture Department offers limited volunteer opportunities for high school students looking to fulfill their community service requirements. Please contact Library, Arts & Culture Administration at 818-548-2042 for more information. Note: You must be 14 years old to participate.
Earn Community Service Hours
Small Steps Pizza Party & Community Service Volunteer Project
Teens can earn two hours of community service at this event. Read More>
Read a book and write a review for one hour of service credit. Read More>
More Volunteer Opportunities
Read a Book, Write a Review
Read a book and write a review for one hour of service credit. You can review anything that you're reading for pleasure (not for school!)—fiction, nonfiction, manga, or anything you want. Your review will appear on the Teen Speak blog.
- Reviewed books must be part of the Library's the teen or adult collections. Find out the collection level of the book by checking out our catalog.
- The Summary and Opinion section must be at least 100 words or 400 characters long.
- One week after your submission, you should receive a confirmation email. Under certain circumstances, the confirmation email may take up to one month. Give yourself enough time!
- Plagiarism, a.k.a. "copy and paste," will not be accepted. You cannot use someone else's words to receive volunteer credit. You will be banned from using this site if you are suspected of plagiarism.
- A maximum of five reviews per week will be accepted.
If you are unsure of how to write a review take a look at Teen Speak to see some examples.
Questions? Call Library, Arts & Culture Administration at 818-548-2021.
Opportunities Outside the Library
Help support the City of Glendale’s Community Services and Parks Department by volunteering and supporting the following organizations and programs:
HISTORIC HOMES, MUSEUM & GARDEN DOCENTS
- Days of the Verdugos Heritage Association (DOVHA) - Catalina Verdugo Adobe docents. E-mail: email@example.com; Phone: (818) 243-3118.
- Friends of Shoseian - “Shoseian” Whispering Pine Teahouse docents. Website: http://shoseianteahouse.com; Phone: (626) 390-0633.
- Glendale Beautiful - Casa Adobe de San Rafael Park Museum docents. Phone: (818) 248-8151.
- The Glendale Historical Society - Doctors House docents. Website: http://www.glendalehistorical.org; Phone: (818) 242-7447.
Click here to learn more about the historic facilities.
FRIENDS OF ROCKHAVEN – Provides private tours and education and helps maintain the Rockhaven grounds. Website: http://www.cvhistory.org/rockhaven.htm; E-mail: FriendsofRockhaven@gmail.com; Phone: (818) 248-1707.
GLENDALE PARKS & OPEN SPACE FOUNDATION – A non-profit raising funds to help support City of Glendale parks, open spaces, and programs. Website: http://www.glendaleparksfoundation.org; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
TRAILS AND OPEN SPACE PROGRAM VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES - Actively seeking volunteers to help out with the Restoration Program, Interpretive Program, Trail Maintenance Crew, Trail Safety Patrol, and the Iris Gardeners. E-mail: TrailOpenspace@glendaleca.gov; Phone: (818) 548-3795.
OTHER CSP VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES - Please contact one of your local Community Center’s supervisors from the Volunteer Locations List to inquire about current opportunities.
Click here for a description of each organization and program.