Teen Events—Community Service Hours
Attendance counts for two hours of volunteer credit!
- Make/Draw your own Comic Book Character, Wednesday, February 3, 4:00 p.m., Central Library
- Decorate your own Valentine’s Day Cookies, Wednesday, February 10, 4:00 p.m., Central Library
- Teen Advisory Board, Thursday, February 18, 4:00 p.m., Montrose Library
Join us for games and pizza…..stay for the Teen Advisory Board. We need your awesome ideas for our teen zone, books and programs.
- We Be Book ’N--Teen Book Club, Wednesday, February 24, 4:00 p.m., Central Library
Read and discuss The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman. Light refreshments will be provided.
Are you a high school student who needs community service volunteer hours? Read More>
This new program series is open to pregnant or parenting young adults between the ages of 13-21. All programs will feature storytimes for your children. Call 818-548-3760 to pre-register. This project is supported in whole or in part by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered in California by the State Librarian. Read More>
California DMV written tests are online. Read More>
Teen Advisory Group
Lend your voice to the Teen Advisory Groups and help create the services Library, Arts & Culture provides for teens. The TAG has selected teen books for the library, created displays, planned programs, created public art projects, and much more! Attendance counts for VOLUNTEER CREDIT, and there is no limit to how many people may join.
- The Central Library TAG meets twice monthly during the school year. You must be a current high school student to attend.
- The Montrose Library TAG is available for teens ages 13 - 18.
Read a book and write a review for one hour of service credit. Read More>
Library, Arts & Culture Department offers resources that can help with research papers and other homework! Here are a few that are especially helpful to high school students. Read More>
See the events calendar of Library, Arts & Culture events or download the monthly Teen/Adult Events flyer.