INDEPENDENCE DAY HOLIDAY CLOSURES
All Library, Arts & Culture Locations will be closed Tuesday, July 4. Read More>
Downtown Central Library
222 East Harvard Street
Glendale, CA 91205
818-548-2021 FAX 818-548-7225
Monday - Thursday 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. (Children's Room closes at 8:00 p.m.)
Friday, Saturday 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Sunday, 12:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Download a map with the service hours of our neighborhood libraries.
SEND US YOUR MakerSpace IDEAS
One of the most exciting features of the renovated Central Library is the addition of a MakerSpace. The MakerSpace will be designed for expert makers and hobbyist crafters of all ages. We will be offering an array of instructor-led workshops, self-led making, and drop-in services.
Staff have been visiting makerspaces throughout Los Angeles to explore successes upon which we can build our program. Some of the amenities that we are considering are computers,
3D printers, software for design and animation, industrial sewing machines, laser cutting apparatus, leather and textile crafting supplies, specialty crafter tools, jewelry making supplies and equipment, paper painting supplies and equipment, a video production booth with cameras and accessories, and audio mixing and production equipment.
Our only limitation is space so we want to ensure that the design conforms with what is most needed in our community. Help us build our MakerSpace! Share your ideas with Sharon Mann Garrett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch this GTV6 video about the Central Library renovation to learn more about maker spaces.
For more information call Library Administration at 818-548-2030.
- Service Desk, 818-548-2021
- Adult Literacy Program, 818-548-6450
- Friends of the Glendale Public Library, 818-546-2538
- Library Tours & Public Relations, 818-548-2042
- Telephone Renewals, 818-548-8010
- Administration, 818-548-2030
- Recorded Information, 818-548-2020
Sign Up for Library, Arts & Culture email information
- Visitors to Downtown Central Library receive 3 hours FREE parking across Harvard Street at the Marketplace parking structure with validation at the service desk.
- Handicapped parking is available on the east side of the building. Short term parking spaces are available on the east and south sides of the building.
- Metered parking is available on Harvard Street and on the west side of the building in Lot #10.
- The Central Library is accessible by MTA bus lines 92 (Brand/Harvard), 180/181 (Brand/Broadway), 780 (Brand/Broadway), and 183 (Brand/Colorado).
- The Central Library is also accessible by the Glendale Beeline, Routes 1 & 2 (Brand/Harvard), 3 & 4 (Louise/Harvard), and 6 (Louise/Colorado).