Join us this October as we participate in The Big Draw LA, a month-long series of intentional drawing experiences for children and families. This is a part of the larger international The Big Draw community where we all create and become inspired together.
In this all-ages workshop, artist Kristin Donner shares her favorite books about robotics, design, and creative recycling. Participants will combine this inspiration with their own personal style and create a one-of-a-kind Chalk-Bot with recycled cardboard boxes finished in chalkboard paint. Using colored chalk participants will draw and personalize the Chalk-Bots they build.
Tuesday, October 24, 3:30 - 5:30 p.m., Downtown Central Library Auditorium
The Big Collage
Draw us something you love, and we’ll add it to our growing collage in the children’s area. All ages.
Monday - Saturday in October, all day, Montrose Library
Global Cardboard Challenge - Design a Mask, Saturday, October 7, 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., Brand Library & Art Center
- Join us for the 6th Annual Global Cardboard Challenge and design a mask! This event gives children an opportunity to collaborate, learn, and build the things they imagine using cardboard and recycled materials. More information about this global initiative:
Create a moment in words and pictures together in one big mural. All ages.
- Wednesday, October 18, 2:00 - 5:00 p.m., Grandview Library
- Thursday, October 19, 2:00 - 7:00 p.m., Downtown Central
Game of Pictionary
Join us for a fun game of Pictionary, snacks and more. Ages 4+
- Tuesday, October 10, 3:00 p.m., Pacific Park Library
Chalk the Walk
Enjoy drawing with sidewalk chalk outside the Library. All ages.
- Monday, October 9, 2:00 - 4:00 p.m., Pacific Park Library
- Tuesday, October 10, 2:00 - 4:00 p.m., Grandview Library
- Wednesday, October 11, 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m., Downtown Central Library
- Thursday, October 26, all day, Montrose Library
After creating chalk masterpieces outside the library, take a stroll and read a story. All ages.
- Monday, October 9, 2:00—4:00 p.m., Pacific Park Library
Color your piece of the puzzle and we’ll bring it together as our library masterpiece.
- Tuesday, October 17 & Thursday, October 19, 3:00 — 5:00 p.m., Library Connection @ Adams Square
Draw a self-portrait to hang in the Library. All ages.