Countdown to Grand Re-Opening
The Central Library renovation is coming into its home stretch, completing major construction elements in time for our Spring 2017 Grand Re-opening. We “closed the curtain” at the end of the day on September 1, 2016, so that our construction crews can move into high speed until we are ready for our big reveal. We are exploring options for alternative spaces in the downtown area, however the Central Library building will be closed to the public.
- Download a map with the new service hours.
Once unveiled a reimagined Central Library will be a state-of-the-art facility for public access to information and technology. In addition to fresh new spaces for learning, studying, and collaboration, it will include a MakerSpace, a Remembrance Room, a Digital Lab, six new conference rooms, a reinvigorated teen space, an upgraded auditorium with a green room/audio mixing room and an adjoining catering kitchen, an updated Children’s Room, and more self-service options.
Because we believe that everyone has the right to free information in Glendale, one of our highest priorities has always been to ensure the public continues to have access to library services. Here’s how we plan to make sure our community gets full service during our final construction months:
Happy New Year! Enjoy our Mannequin Challenge video and see how our Central Library is changing.
- Stay up to date! Log into this webpage to see what’s going on. Sign up for our e-newsletter and we will send information directly to your device! Follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook at @myglendalelac.
- Go online! Our catalog is available. Reserve the materials you would like to borrow and you can choose to pick up your items at any other Glendale or Pasadena Library location.
- Use our databases, e-books and online media anywhere. Library Card holders have 24/7 access to databases for online research, e-books, and eAudiobooks, music downloads, and much more!
- FINES return on January 3, 2017!
- Read our FAQs
- Learn about the MakerSpace
- See photos of the construction
For more information contact Library, Arts & Culture Administration at 818-548-2030, Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.