Images - Minimum: 6, Maximum: 10
Audio - Minimum: 0, Maximum: 6
Video - Minimum: 0, Maximum: 6
Total Media - Minimum: 6, Maximum: 10
View Site Details
Brand Library & Art Center is pleased to accept submissions from artists, curators, or artist groups for exhibitions to be scheduled in late 2017 and 2018.
Brand Library & Art Center has been a cornerstone for the arts in Southern California since 1956. This unique public library focuses on visual arts and music and provides free services and programs for a diverse community, including a collection of over 110,000 items, subject specialist librarians, exhibitions, concerts, lectures, dance performances, films, and hands-on craft programs for children and adults. Always evolving, Brand Library utilizes new technologies and continues to develop innovative programs to serve an ever-widening public interested in the arts. The Skylight Gallery and Atrium Gallery offers 3,200 square feet of professional exhibition space in one of the most stunning municipal exhibition venues in Southern California. Brand Library & Art Center is a branch of the City of Glendale Library, Arts & Culture Department.
Brand Library & Art Center is focused on showcasing recent artwork by established and emerging artists currently working in Southern California, however curatorial proposals from outside of the area will be considered.
Submission deadline is April 14, 2017.
We welcome a diverse variety of high-quality proposals in all media. To be considered, the artist, or artist group, or curator must submit the following materials:
- Letter of introduction
- Artist statement(s)
- A resume outlining the artist’s career and education, or a description of the artist group, including mission, membership and exhibition history
- Visual representation of original and current artwork (produced within the last four years).
Curatorial proposals must clearly state the purpose of the exhibition and the reason for the selection of the artists and artwork. Proposals should include an exhibition plan that shows a familiarity with the exhibition space. Proposals should also include ideas for additional public programming to support the exhibition (i.e. panel discussions, workshops).
Submissions will be reviewed in late April/May, and notifications made by the end of May, 2017. The Gallery Director will invite selected artists, curators, or groups for an interview. An interview does not guarantee final selection for exhibition. Selections are made based on the quality of the artwork or proposal, the degree to which the work corresponds to the Brand Library & Art Center mission, and the desire to present a diverse yet cohesive collection of work in a well-balanced exhibition schedule.
Interviews generally take place in the artist’s studio; in some cases interviews will be conducted at Brand Library & Art Center with artists asked to bring examples of their work to the interview. If selected, individual artists will be curated into group exhibitions.
The notification and interview timeline is subject to change at the discretion of Brand Library & Art Center.
Artists, curators, or groups not selected may re-apply in the next submission cycle.
- Individual artists or artist groups who have exhibited at the Brand Library & Art Center are not eligible for resubmission for four years, however artists who have only exhibited work in the Annual Juried Exhibition, or who have exhibited work in a group show organized by an outside curator are eligible to submit.
- Works previously displayed in the Brand Library & Art Center are not eligible to be shown again.
- No preferential treatment is given to individual members of the Brand Associates, City of Glendale employees, or art associations that have previously exhibited at Brand Library & Art Center.
View Legal Agreement
BRAND LIBRARY & ART CENTER
1601 WEST MOUNTAIN STREET
GLENDALE | CALIFORNIA | 91201
HOURS | MON - THU 10AM - 8PM | FRI - SUN 10AM - 5PM
818.548.2051 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.brandlibrary.org