Ancestry Library Edition brings the world’s most popular consumer online genealogy resource to your library. It’s an unprecedented online collection of individuals from North America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Australia, and more.
Answers await everyone—whether professional or hobbyist, expert or novice, genealogist or historian—inside the more than 7,000 available databases.
Ancestry Library Edition is only available for in library use.
How to use our electronic resources
Some online resources require users to log in using a library card number. You must have a current, valid library card.
Your library card number appears under the barcode on the back of your card, beginning with "29010." Type the entire number where indicated (do not type spaces between the numbers.)
If you do not currently have a library card, you may register for a temporary card online.
- Go to My Account.
- Click on the ONLINE LIBRARY REGISTRATION button in the middle of the page, and fill out the Online Library Registration form.
- You will be issued a temporary card number and PIN. When using the online resources, enter 290100 followed by the temporary card number in order to access the resources.
- A temporary card may not be used to place holds on regular library items, nor is it valid for the computer reservation system.
If you are unable to log in with your library card number:
- Your library card may have expired
- You may have overdue library materials or unpaid fines
- The online resource may have reached limit of users. Wait a while, then try to log in again.