The Solar Solutions Incentive Program is currently closed and will re-open on August 1, 2016.
For the first time we will be accepting Solar Solutions Incentive Applications through the PowerClerk* system, which will be available as of 8:00 a.m. on August 1, 2016.
Please see the Application Process Guidelines below for more information on how to submit your application through PowerClerk.
Cash Incentive to Go Solar
The Residential and Small Business Solar Solutions Program provides up to $1.39 per watt (for FY 2016-2017) for installed systems sized 30 KWdc or less that meet program guidelines. T
he incentive rate will decline at a rate of 7.0% a year. The incentive calculation will not exceed 50% of the total cost of the system. In case of over-sized systems the incentive is calculated based on 100% of customer's historical usage. Paid incentive will not exceed $100,000 per customer per fiscal year.
Application Process Guidelines for Fiscal Year 2016 - 2017
- Applications can only be submitted through PowerClerk for the Solar Solutions Program. Once submitted applications will be reviewed and entered into a lottery drawing. Projects will not be incentivized on a first-come-first-served basis anymore.
- The application period will be from 8 AM PST on 08/01/16 to 4:00 PM PST on 08/15/16.
- Duplicate applications (for the same project) will not be accepted.
- Applicants will be notified via e-mail of the date/time of the lottery drawing.
- All project numbers for accepted applications will be drawn during the lottery process and be placed on a priority order list and given a priority number. But please note that, not ALL applications will be incentivized. Having a priority number does not guarantee an incentive.
- The results of the drawing will be posted on GWP’s website.
- All applicants will be notified ONLY via e-mail of their priority number. The e-mail will also inform the applicant, whether their application is going to be considered for the incentive at that point in time. If the specific application is being considered, supporting documents will be requested. The applicant will have 7 calendar days to submit the supporting documents. An application will be denied if All documents are not received within the 7 calendar days.
- Applications will be incentivized in the order selected until the available funds are fully subscribed.
- If and when applications/projects get cancelled or denied, the next applicant on the list will be contacted and be considered for the incentive.
- The number of incentivized applications will depend on the total number of applications received and the amount requested by each application.
- Review our Guide for Applying for Interconnection and the Solar Solutions Incentive Program.
- Make sure to select components which meet the requirements of GWP's Solar Solutions Incentive program.
This program may be modified or terminated without prior notice and is provided to qualified customers until program funds are no longer available.
What are Green Energy Credits?
Renewable Energy certificates (REC's) also know as green certificates, green tags, or tradable renewable certificates, represent the environmental attributes of the power produced from renewable energy projects. If you choose to keep the Green Energy Certificate, your incentive will be less. If you choose the higher incentive, GWP may keep the Renewable Energy Credits and associated renewable attributes generated by the PV system for reporting purposes.
*PowerClerk is a tool for entering and collecting data and documents regarding a renewable energy system upon which a ratepayer, installer or other applicant is eligible to seek a rebate or incentive.