Don't Fall Victim to Utility Scams
Utility fraud calls and scams can be convincing. Anyone can be at risk of getting scammed, but by knowing our procedures you can help prevent fraud and stay safe from scammers that want to steal your information. Below are some safety procedures to keep in mind:
- We never ask for payments over the phone or at your home or business. Over the phone payments can only be made through our IVR system, never with a live person. If you receive a call asking to pay, hang up immediately.
- We never visit residential customers to solicit program enrollment.
- We never enter a home to check water quality. All water quality visits are scheduled with customers and the water is tested outdoors. No need to be present at the time of testing.
- All GWP employees carry photo identification and will display it when asked.
If you notice any suspicious activity near your residence or are contacted by someone collecting money or impersonating City personnel, please contact the Glendale Police Department at 818-548-4911 immediately. For more information on how to stay safe from scams click here.
Receive a FREE Smart Thermostat and In-Home Display!
Enroll in Glendale Water & Power's In-Home Display and Thermostat Program to receive a Smart Thermostat and real-time energy and water display. Eligible customers will receive the CEIVA Homeview display, smart thermostat, and installation at no cost! Now you can control your thermostat and monitor your home's energy and water use from anywhere - and save money in the process. Click here to sign up
Glendale is now in Phase II of Mandatory Water Conservation
Thanks to improvements in California's water supply and conservation efforts by our customers, Glendale has moved to Phase II of Mandatory Water Conservation. This limits outdoor watering to Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays for no more than 10 minutes at each watering station.
We appreciate all that our residents have done to conserve water, and despite the ease in the guidelines, we still encourage you to keep conserving.
- For tips and information on how you can save water click here.
- Tips to help you reprogram your irrigation controller.
- To anonymously report water waste call GWP’s water waster hotline at (818) 550-4426 or submit an online form.
- For information about water citations and appeals click here.
Download GWP's First Mobile App!
The free mobile app, called GWP – Mobile My Connect is an interactive app to help customers better manage their energy and water use on their SmartPhone, tablet or computer. Download the app today to view and pay your bills, see near real time water and electric usage, set budget goals, submit services requests, report outages and send messages to GWP and access solar panel and electric vehicle information. The app is available through the Google Play and the Apple Store. For more information, to download and see the user guide click here. To learn more about GWP's New Mobile App called Mobile My Connect. Watch our video below.