There are a variety of ways in which the City of Glendale and first responders communicate to the public during emergencies and disasters.
1. Everbridge: Register for important City notifications during large emergencies including information about evacuations, inundation zones, street closures, and shelter locations. Click here to learn more.
2. Twitter: Follow the Glendale Fire Department on twitter at @GlendaleCAFire and the City of Glendale at @MyGlendale to get up to the minute incident updates. Follow the Tri-Cities (Glendale, Burbank, Pasadena) on twitter at @VerdugoAlert.
3. GTV6: GTV6 will provide all important information about the incident on their public access channel.
4. Websites: Visit any city website during a disaster and you will encounter a red screen that provides all important information about the incident. The Glendale Fire Department website is www.glendalefire.org and the city of Glendale website is www.glendaleca.gov.
5. Emergency Information Center: This center is only open during large scale emergencies and provides residents with an opportunity to speak with a city employee to get incident specific information. Call 818-548-3301.