BACKGROUND: The City of Glendale joins cities across California in celebrating July is Parks Make Life Better! Month to promote the value of parks and recreation programs in enhancing the quality of life of the community. The Community Services & Parks Department invites people of all ages to explore the City’s many parks, trails, historic homes, variety of classes, programs, amenities, and special events the department has to offer. In the summer, the community can stay cool in the heat by visiting the Pacific Park Pool, one of the wading pools or splash pads in our parks, or visit any of our four community centers; parents can enroll their children in day camps for a fun and socially rewarding experience; people of all ages can participate in sports, fitness, and wellness classes that promote a healthier, active lifestyle; and families can bond having a picnic in the great outdoors while enjoying a concert in the park, marvel at the hundreds of classic cars on display at the annual Cruise Night event or enjoy a camp fire program in the park.
As part of July is Parks Make Life Better! Month, Community Services & Parks is running the #MyGlendaleParks Selfie Campaign to encourage those who live, work, and play in Glendale to visit our parks and special events, capture their visit with a selfie, and share it on social media for a chance to enter a prize drawing.
CAMPAIGN Description: The #MyGlendaleParks Selfie Campaign is open to all City of Glendale residents and visitors of all ages. Iconic parks throughout the City of Glendale and certain special events organized by the Community Services & Parks department taking place during the month of July will be identified and marked as a Selfie Spot location. Participants can take a selfie at the designated selfie spot at these locations and special events and post at least 3 selfies on social media to be entered into a drawing for special prizes. At least one of the three selfies must be taken at an eligible special event. See Attachment 1 for a list of Selfie Spot locations. Participants who meet additional requirements will also be entered into a separate Bonus Drawing, see below for requirements.
The drawings will be held and winners will be announced during the Monday, August 21, 2017, Parks, Recreation & Community Services Commission meeting in the City Council Chambers. Eight (8) winners will be selected from the first drawing. Each will be awarded a $50 gift certificate to a local restaurant/store. The Bonus Drawing will yield one (1) winner, who will be awarded a $100 gift certificate to a local restaurant/store. Winners will be contacted via email to claim their prize at the Community Services & Parks Administration Office, located at 613 E. Broadway, Suite 120, Glendale, CA, 91206. A picture ID with the name submitted will be required to claim the prize.
Campaign Time Line
Saturday, July 1, 2017 First day to submit photos
Monday, July 31, 2017 Final Submission Date
Monday, Aug. 21, 2017 Drawings will be held/winners will be announced during the regularly scheduled Parks, Recreation & Community Services Commission meeting
Requirements to Enter Drawing
- Like and follow us on:
- Twitter, Instagram, Facebook @myglendaleparks and @myglendale
- Visit at least three (3) Selfie Spot locations at a City of Glendale park (at least one location must be a special event) See Attachment 1 for list of locations.
- Find the Selfie Spot Location sticker at each location and stand in the indicated spot.
- Take a selfie at each location.
- Post your selfies on Twitter, Instagram and/or Facebook tagging @MyGlendaleParks and using the hashtags #MyGlendaleParks and #JulyPMLB
- Send an email to CSP@GlendaleCA.gov or a direct message to @myglendaleparks letting us know that you have posted all three pictures. Please include the following information:
- Subject line: #MyGlendaleParks Selfie Campaign
- In the message area enter:
- First and Last Name of participant
- Social Media platform (Twitter/Facebook/Instagram) used to post photos
- Profile name the photos were posted under
- Contact Information: Email address and phone number
Requirements to Enter Bonus Drawing
- Like and follow the social media account(s) for our sponsors (at least one):
- Glendale Parks & Open Space Foundation on Facebook and Instagram @GlendaleParksFoundation, AND
- Glendale Tech Week on Facebook and Instagram @GlendaleTechWeek and on Twitter @Glendale_Tech
- Meet drawing requirements 1-6 above.
Participants will be entered into a drawing for a prize.
More information, details, rules and hashtag information will be available soon.