Glendale Beeline has an excellent safety record. Your safety and security is very important to us. Our system includes many safety features including:
The Next Bus system allows the transit communications center to know where each bus is at all times.
Cameras on Buses
The cameras help us keep track of activity throughout the bus, the bike racks on the front of the bus, and at bus stops when passengers board and alight.
We have a community of transit riders and we all can help increase safety on our bus system, by looking out for each other and by reporting inappropriate activity.
What you should be aware of:
- Suspicious behavior or unusual activity.
- Smoke or odd smells.
- Unattended bags, packages, boxes, or backpacks.
What you should do:
- If you see someone behaving suspiciously, witness anything unusual, or find an unattended package, stay away and immediately tell the bus operator or contact police. Do not confront suspicious individuals. And do not use cell phones near suspicious packages.
- Remember to take all your belongings when you leave the bus or bus stop.
In the event of an emergency:
- Follow the bus operator's instructions.
- Use the emergency exit procedures listed next to the bus windows and doors, and on the ceiling escape hatch.
Follow these safe riding tips:
Arrive at your bus stop five minutes earlier than the scheduled bus departure time. If you are late to the stop, do not chase the bus - the bus operator is watching traffic and cannot see you running after the bus.
Use available seating when riding the bus. If you must stand, use the handrails and overhead straps to help maintain your balance. Never stand or sit in the stairwells inside the bus.
While the bus is in motion, stay behind the white line located at the front of the bus.
Be aware of your surroundings and always be alert for anyone suspicious nearby or activity that causes concern for your safety.
Keep your valuables secure and always hold your backpack, purse or other possessions in your lap or in another secure location to prevent easy access by others.
If you are a victim of a crime, or see a crime taking place, call 911 or you can also alert the bus operator.
After exiting the bus, never cross the street directly in front of the bus unless you have a pedestrian signal. It is safer to wait until the bus leaves the stop before crossing the street to make sure that other passing vehicle drivers can see you.
How to File a Claim
In the rare event of an accident or incident, you may file a claim with the Glendale Beeline.