NO SMOKING SIGNS
Glendale Municipal Code 8.52.210 requires:
Multi-Unit residential and condominium complexes are required to post "No Smoking" signs at each entrance/exit of the property and one other common area that must include the following elements:
- The telephone number for making a complaint or reporting a violation: 818-548-3700;
- The citation: "Glendale Municipal Code, Chapter 8.52" or "G.M.C. 8.52";
- Stationary, permanently affixed, and positioned at a height of between five (5) and seven (7) feet above the floor or ground;
- Visible and not obscured in any way;
- The international "No Smoking" symbol;
- The words "No Smoking" that are printed with letters that contrast against the background material and measure not less than one (1) inch in height.
SITE PLAN/DIAGRAM SIGNS
Glendale Municipal Code 8.52.100 requires:
- A landlord shall post a diagram containing smoking units and non-smoking units, relative to one another, in the building or complex.
- These site plans (or diagrams) should be posted in a common area of a multi-unit housing complex for all tenants or perspective tenants to clearly see (for example, near the mail boxes).
- The site plan should clearly illustrate which units are designated as "Smoking" or "Non-Smoking."
*As of June 27, 2013, smoking is prohibited inside new multi-unit rental buildings and condominium complexes (no site plan necessary but “No Smoking” sign is still required).