The Accounting Section is responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of effective financial accounting systems and controls. The Section is responsible for the preparation and fair presentation of City's Financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principals (GAAP). In addition, it is in charge of maintaining the general ledger and chart of accounts for the City; recording and summarizing City's financial transactions; reconciling monthly bank statements; maintaining City's Fixed Assets, managing City's Debt, providing an accounting guidance to internal operating departments and coordinating all external and internal financial audits (e.g. Year-End Audit, FEMA Audit, Federal and State Grant related audits).
- Accurate and fair presentation of City's Financial Statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principals (GAAP).
- Developing and implementing effective and efficient financial reporting and accounting systems that help the operating departments achieve their objectives.
- Providing quality customer service to interenal departments as well as citizens and outside professionals.
- Protecting the City’s resources from unauthorized use.
- Prevent financial losses to the City through timely reconciliations of City's Cash, Fixed Assets and Accounts Receivable and Grants operations.