- The Central Library renovation is coming into its home stretch, completing major construction elements in time for our Spring 2017 Grand Re-opening. We “closed the curtain” at the end of the day on September 1, 2016 so that our construction crews can move into high speed until we are ready for our big reveal. We are exploring options for alternative spaces in the downtown area, however the Central Library building will be closed to the public. Read More>
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: Service hours at our neighborhood libraries will change on September 12, 2016. Download a map with the new service hours.
- Download our current Adult/Teen events brochures and find out about all the fun you and your family can have at our libraries!
- Check Us Out! View GTV6 videos about Library, Arts & Culture programs and events!
- See a list of our holiday schedule.
To see all City of Glendale, CA, events, please click here.
CENTRAL LIBRARY Sterling Flute Choir
- Date: 04/26/2015 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
- Location: CENTRAL LIBRARY
222 East Harvard Street
Glendale, California 91205
The Sterling Flute Choir (SFC) was created in 2009 out of a love for music and a desire to play with others! Founder and Director Sandy Kipp established the SFC so that intermediate to advanced flutists of all ages could join together to play, rehearse, and learn in a fun environment. Assistant Directors, Mary Cervantes and Armand Assaiante, help organize the three Sessions per year: Fall, Spring, and Summer Sessions.
The SFC rehearses in Glendale twice a month and is always looking for new and fun venues for performances, where they can perform both classical and popular works for music lovers of all ages. Previous performances have been held at the LA Zoo, Glendale Adventist Hospital, many local churches, and such libraries as Monrovia, Silver Lake, LA Central and the Robert Stevenson Library.
Director, Sandy Kipp, is on faculty at Cal State University, Northridge and has taught flute privately for over 30 years. She is also a professional flutist who has performed with such orchestras as the LA Opera, Pacific Symphony, Long Beach Symphony, Pasadena Symphony, Opera in the Park, among many others.