- The Central Library renovation is coming into its home stretch, completing major construction elements in time for our Spring 2017 Grand Re-opening. We “closed the curtain” at the end of the day on September 1, 2016 so that our construction crews can move into high speed until we are ready for our big reveal. We are exploring options for alternative spaces in the downtown area, however the Central Library building will be closed to the public. Read More>
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: Service hours at our neighborhood libraries have changed and four sites now have 7-day/week service. See our locations or Download a map with the new service hours.
- Download our current Family and Adult/Teen events brochures and find out about all the fun you and your family can have at our libraries!
- Check Us Out! View GTV6 videos about Library, Arts & Culture programs and events!
- See a list of our holiday schedule.
To see all City of Glendale, CA, events, please click here.
CENTRAL LIBRARY Road Scholar
Presented by Elderhostel
- Date: 08/10/2014 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
- Location: CENTRAL LIBRARY AUDITORIUM
222 East Harvard Street
Glendale, California 91205
Do you love to travel, enjoy learning new things, exploring interesting places and meeting people who share a love of adventure? Road Scholar participants can choose from: educational programs, overnight programs in cities and locations close to home in the United States, to adventures in 150 countries around the world. The “hostel” lodging of its early beginnings has given way to today’s comfortable hotels, inns and other more luxurious, yet affordable accommodations.
Learn about the “Four Unique Attributes” the non-profit Road Scholar programs all share:
- Exceptional opportunities for learning and exploration through special behind-the-scenes access to the world’s most fascinating treasures.
- The shared fellowship of learning and warm camaraderie.
- Comfortable accommodations and appetizing meals.
- Excellent value.
Come to this free seminar and learn about Road Scholar--America’s first, and the world’s largest educational, not-for-profit travel organization for adults. A free lecture sponsored by the Library, Arts & Culture Dept. Seating is limited. Library visitors receive 3 hours FREE parking across the street at The Market Place parking structure with validation at the loan desk.