- The Central Library renovation is coming into its home stretch, completing major construction elements in time for our Spring 2017 Grand Re-opening. We “closed the curtain” at the end of the day on September 1, 2016 so that our construction crews can move into high speed until we are ready for our big reveal. We are exploring options for alternative spaces in the downtown area, however the Central Library building will be closed to the public. Read More>
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: Service hours at our neighborhood libraries have changed and four sites now have 7-day/week service. See our locations or Download a map with the new service hours.
- Download our current Family and Adult/Teen events brochures and find out about all the fun you and your family can have at our libraries!
- Check Us Out! View GTV6 videos about Library, Arts & Culture programs and events!
- See a list of our holiday schedule.
To see all City of Glendale, CA, events, please click here.
CENTRAL LIBRARY Farhana Sahibzada - Flavorful Shortcuts to Indian/Pakistani Cooking
- Date: 07/31/2014 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- Location: CENTRAL LIBRARY AUDITORIUM
222 East Harvard Street
Glendale, California 91205
Farhana Sahibzada's new cookbook, Flavorful Shortcuts to Indian/Pakistani Cooking, is a must have for the Indian food enthusiast, packed with quality tested, simplified and tried recipes stemming from Farhana’s Indian food cooking classes spanning over two decades, adapted for success for the novice and experienced cooks alike! This mouth-watering new book demystifies the process of cooking authentic, restaurant-quality Indian and Pakistani food at home, exchanging complicated ingredient lists and laborious techniques with simple methods that anyone will enjoy.
With her simplified techniques presented in the book Farhana has eliminated the fear of using spices and made Indian cooking approachable for anyone and everyone. Based on her experience as a teacher and seeing first hand people’s challenges in cooking Indian, Farhana offers recipes of a very foreign and often intimidating cuisine with simple ingredients that yield remarkable results in a minimum amount of time. Flavorful Shortcuts to Indian/Pakistani Cooking is designed to help you lose your fear of cooking Indian and to impress your friends and family with your skills and expertise.
Farhana Sahibzada, originally from Lahore, Pakistan, is the former chef and owner of cinnamon STIX , a café and catering business she established and operated in Woodland Hills, California.
Farhana has taught Indian/Pakistani cooking for over 20 years in southern California, focusing on simplifying the art of Indian cooking and offering simple and quick versions for classic and popular recipes of the Indian/Pakistani cuisine. In addition to teaching classes at her café she has taught cooking classes for Pierce College, Let’s get cookin’ in Westlake Village, Gelson’s Supermarkets, Williams Sonoma and Whole Foods Markets.
She has also taught at the culinary art’s college at the Art’s Institute in Santa Monica California (where she is a regular visiting guest chef and instructor), Southern California’s Culinary Institute in South Pasadena, California and many other local cooking schools and gourmet food markets
In addition to cooking her native cuisine, Farhana’s interest and passion of cooking also includes gourmet American and European desserts and pastries.