- The Central Library renovation is coming into its home stretch, completing major construction elements in time for our Spring 2017 Grand Re-opening. We “closed the curtain” at the end of the day on September 1, 2016 so that our construction crews can move into high speed until we are ready for our big reveal. We are exploring options for alternative spaces in the downtown area, however the Central Library building will be closed to the public. Read More>
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: Service hours at our neighborhood libraries have changed and four sites now have 7-day/week service. See our locations or Download a map with the new service hours.
- Download our current Family and Adult/Teen events brochures and find out about all the fun you and your family can have at our libraries!
- Check Us Out! View GTV6 videos about Library, Arts & Culture programs and events!
- See a list of our holiday schedule.
To see all City of Glendale, CA, events, please click here.
CENTRAL LIBRARY Jerry Burgan - Wounds To Bind
- Date: 07/24/2014 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- Location: CENTRAL LIBRARY AUDITORIUM
222 East Harvard Street
Glendale, California 91205
They were teenagers, and the world was about to change forever...
The pivot point of the pre-psychedelic 1960s and what followed is captured by Jerry Burgan, the surviving co-founder of We Five, with Alan Rifkin. In what Library Journal calls an "excellent, well-written chronicle" that "delves much deeper than band history," Wounds to Bind: A Memoir of the Folk-Rock Revolution paints an unforgettable picture of the ecstatic, sometimes tortured, journey of discovery, invention and disillusion that author Burgan shared with the largest-ever American generation.
Meet Jerry Burgan and Alan Rifkin and hear this folk-rock story in words and music!