- The Central Library renovation is coming into its home stretch, completing major construction elements in time for our Spring 2017 Grand Re-opening. We “closed the curtain” at the end of the day on September 1, 2016 so that our construction crews can move into high speed until we are ready for our big reveal. We are exploring options for alternative spaces in the downtown area, however the Central Library building will be closed to the public. Read More>
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: Service hours at our neighborhood libraries have changed and four sites now have 7-day/week service. See our locations or Download a map with the new service hours.
- Download our current Family and Adult/Teen events brochures and find out about all the fun you and your family can have at our libraries!
- Check Us Out! View GTV6 videos about Library, Arts & Culture programs and events!
- See a list of our holiday schedule.
To see all City of Glendale, CA, events, please click here.
CENTRAL LIBRARY Wicked Crescenta Valley with Gary Keyes & Mike Lawler
- Date: 07/10/2014 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- Location: CENTRAL LIBRARY AUDITORIUM
222 East Harvard Street
Glendale, California 91205
Join Gary Keyes and Mike Lawler, authors of Murder & Mayhem in the Crescenta Valley, as they reveal the seamy underbelly that belies the valley’s beautifully pleasant exterior.
From illegal gambling and prostitution to claims of alien abduction, Crescenta Valley has seen it all. Once home to thriving moonshine operations and shocking Nazi rallies, the valley’s past is riddled with scandalous tales that many would prefer to forget. Yet not all of Crescenta Valley’s tawdry history could remain forgotten or hidden in its day. The infamous C.C. Julian oil scandal made national headlines. Even today, recent information reveals a local internment camp for Japanese and Germans that opened the day after Pearl Harbor was bombed.