Thanksgiving Holiday Week
CLOSE at 5:00 p.m., Wednesday, November 22
(Chevy Chase Library CLOSED)
CLOSED, Thursday - Sunday, November 23 - 26
- Download our current Family and Adult/Teen events brochures and find out about all the fun you and your family can have at our libraries!
- Check Us Out! View GTV6 videos about Library, Arts & Culture programs and events!
- See our Holiday Schedule.
- To see all City of Glendale, CA, events, please click here.
BRAND LIBRARY | BRAND 45 Works on Paper | Opening Reception
- Date: 09/16/2017 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Location: Brand Library & Art Center
1601 West Mountain Street
Glendale, California 91201
Saturday | September 16, 2017 | 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Works on Paper
The Brand Associates is pleased to host Leslie Jones, curator of Prints and Drawings at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, as our juror for its 45th Annual National Juried Exhibition of Works on Paper. Both curator and art historian, Jones has worked in New York at the Museum of Modern Art, the Whitney Museum of American Art and the Guggenheim. She earned her PhD in 2003 from New York University’s Institute of Fine Arts with a dissertation on the ink drawings of Henri Michaux. Jones specializes in modern and contemporary works on paper and has been at LACMA since 2005. Among the exhibitions she has curated are: Drawing Surrealism (2012), Ed Moses, Drawings from the 1960s and 70s (2015) and, most recently, Tony Smith: Smoke (on view at LACMA through July 2, 2017).