- See our locations or Download a map with our service hours.
- NOTE: Grandview Library is closed for renovation. Free lunches will be served to children at four libraries this summer, including an outdoor picnic lunch at Grandview Library. Read More>
INDEPENDENCE DAY HOLIDAY CLOSURE
All Library, Arts & Culture Locations will be closed Tuesday, July 4. Read More>
- Download our current Family and Adult/Teen events brochures and find out about all the fun you and your family can have at our libraries!
- Check Us Out! View GTV6 videos about Library, Arts & Culture programs and events!
- See our Holiday Schedule.
- To see all City of Glendale, CA, events, please click here.
CASA VERDUGO LIBRARY - Twilight Zone LA Meekly LIVE Podcast
- Date: 03/09/2017 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- Location: Casa Verdugo Library
1151 N. Brand Blvd.
Glendale, California 91202
Learn about THE TWILIGHT ZONE at a live podcast with L.A. MEEKLY.
In the 1950s, an anthology television show tackled social justice, abuse of power, the fear of the dark, and creatures from outer space. It handled these themes and motifs with equal significance, and used a new medium of entertainment to ask the question: “What does it mean to be human?”
When THE TWILIGHT ZONE series premiered in October of 1959, there was nothing on TV like it. Television was still in its infancy when writer and host Rod Serling and a staff of brilliant science fiction writers began fusing social commentary with fantasy, and began elevating the medium. The anthology series, with its superb storytelling and iconic film-noir visuals, still resonates with fans to this day. Serling’s own struggles with success in Los Angeles as a Hollywood screenwriter work their way into the themes of the show as well and offer a look into his own personal dilemma.
Join Daniel Zafran and Greg Gonzalez, hosts of the Los Angeles history podcast L.A. MEEKLY, as they discuss the moral issues that are as relevant today as they were sixty-four years ago when THE TWILIGHT ZONE first premiered on television. L.A. MEEKLY is a comedy-history podcast covering different aspects of the city with the intent of finding unknown stories. The podcast started in 2013 and they've covered subjects such as Chavez Ravine and pre-Dodger baseball in L.A., Orange Groves and the image of the orange, the Spanish Missions (San Gabriel and San Fernando), the original people of Los Angeles, the history of the Dodgers and the Kings, the corruption cases in the cities Bell and Vernon, famous murders of Los Angeles, famous hot dogs of Los Angeles, and dumb ol' prohibition to name a few episodes.
L.A. MEEKLY was listed in Los Angeles Magazine's 2017 article 11 Podcasts About L.A. You Must Subscribe to ASAP: The L.A. Meekly guys throw it back to the weird old days in this deeply nerdy show.